Saturday, January 23, 2010

Trip The Light Fantastic Me-Day!

Today I decided to have a me day, without reservation, no deadlines, no commitments, no filling my pipeline with business calls, no nothing. Today was a day to merely be cognizant, to be fully conscious and to stay awake and delight in merely being in the moment. The fact that I am a Sagittarius stretches me beyond that comfort zone, merely because most Sags like everything the day before yesterday. In fact we are considered visionaries and when we have a vision we also want that vision to manifest quickly. Yet, given our impatient posture, the Universe has a brilliant way of of saying not yet. For a Sag, that can be agonizing! For me, patience is a lesson of the soul and yes I am learning!

Instead of resisting the Universe's plan, I decided to acquiesce to my new-found moment of being in the moment. It is quite humbling because everything we want control over we have no control over. What a wonderful humility check. My allegiance was to the moment. In honoring that allegiance, my Me-Day was jammed packed with gentle subtleties that delighted my soul.

I run into Elmo, a buoyant English Bulldog sitting on a park bench, smiling his funky grin, his bottom tooth stuck over his top lip. Squealing in delight, he recognizes my voice as he grunts profusely, lapping my face with his enormous licks. Gratitude pouring out of my heart and unconditional love from Elmo is a perfect start to my morning.

Proceeding to the other side of the block, Paris, a brilliant-minded, homeless gentleman, sits in front of the bagel store reminiscing with the locals. Many consider Paris unscrupulous. I consider Paris a gift. We exchange bits of conversation and at the end, we smile. I grab his hand and tell him what a pleasure it was to see him. He nods his gentle acknowledgment.

I decide to treat myself to a Pedicure, a treat I rarely give myself. I walk 5 blocks to my favorite little, no frills nail salon. As soon as I enter all the lovely Mamacitas hug me! They call everyone Mommees. Hugs shared, I indulge my tired feet in a whirlpool of warmth and suds, only to be barraged with unconditional love. My feet tickle with delight and my toes dance, painted in luscious red. I over tip and why not?

Leaving, I notice how brilliant the sun is, no clouds, a perfect blue sky, despite the tinge of coldness stingy my face. I smile and I continue my walk. A craving came over me to sniff the smell of one single flower. I decide to stop at the local flower merchant, the only one in town. Walking in, Peaches screams. An enormous white Parrot watches me, informing me in a big way that I better make my decision quickly. She is indeed the center of attention. After all, it is her home. With that in mind, I choose a single yellow Lily, bathed in exquisiteness.

With my flower lovingly wrapped, I begin my walk back to my home. Harboring depthless breaths, and aided with her cane, I glimpse Anne in front of me, toiling laboriously on the sidewalk. She has too much pride to ask for help. Respecting her, I merely observe the arduous trek she makes without judgment and I smile hello. She smiles back.

Pressing the elevator button, I wait patiently for the lift to stop on the ground floor. I suppose I could walk the 7 flights, but I decide to allow myself the luxury of convenience. Flower in hand, I press #7. Up I go! As the door enters I hear a tap, tap, tap. Baby fingernail tips tap the floor. I glance around. Bubbles, in her awkward puppiness stance rushes ferociously toward me. Kneeling down, I accept her kisses and offer them back to her. A pints-size mix of chihuahua and goodness know what, all she knows is love. What a blessing. She runs into the elevator with her owner to start her day!

These moments, priceless! Trip the light fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment